Anubias Nana Petite
Anubias barteri is a popular and hardy aquarium plant known for its attractive, broad leaves. Here are the care requirements to help you cultivate Anubias barteri successfully:
- Anubias barteri is adaptable to a wide range of lighting conditions. It can thrive in low to moderate light, making it suitable for aquariums with lower light levels.
- Attach the plant to hardscape elements like rocks or driftwood. Do not bury the rhizome (horizontal stem) in the substrate, as it may rot. Tie or glue the plant in place using fishing line or cotton thread until it establishes itself.
- Anubias barteri is not a heavy feeder and can obtain nutrients from the water and substrate. While it can benefit from occasional liquid fertilization, it generally doesn't require extensive nutrient supplementation.
**4. CO2 Injection:**
- Anubias barteri can grow well without CO2 supplementation. It's often included in low-tech setups with minimal equipment. However, providing a source of CO2 can enhance growth in high-tech aquariums.
- Maintain a temperature range of 62-85°F. This plant can tolerate a variety of temperatures within this range.
**6. Water Parameters:**
- pH: 6.0-7.5
- Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water is suitable.
- Anubias barteri is adaptable to a range of water parameters but prefers stable conditions.
- Minimal pruning is usually required. Remove any old or yellowing leaves to encourage new growth.
- Trim dead or damaged portions of the plant with clean scissors or pruning tools.
- Anubias barteri can be placed in various locations within the aquarium. It's often used as a midground or background plant and can be attached to driftwood, rocks, or other decor.
**9. Water Flow:**
- Provide gentle water circulation to prevent debris from settling on the leaves. Anubias barteri is often found in slower-flowing areas of the aquarium.
**10. Tank Mates:**
- Choose compatible tank mates that won't disturb the plant. Anubias barteri is known for its resilience against fish that may nibble on plants.
**11. Algae Control:**
- Maintain good aquarium hygiene to prevent algae growth. Ensure that the leaves are kept clean to allow for optimal light absorption.
- Regularly observe the plant for any signs of algae, pests, or diseases.
- Monitor its growth and adjust care routines as needed based on the specific conditions of your aquarium.
Anubias barteri is a versatile and durable aquarium plant, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced hobbyists. By following these care guidelines, you can enjoy the lush, green foliage of Anubias barteri in your aquarium.