Alternanthera Reineckii Mini
1 small clump with multiple plants
Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini' is a popular and vibrant aquatic plant in the aquarium hobby known for its bright red and compact growth. Here are the care requirements to help you successfully cultivate Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini' in your aquarium:
- Provide moderate to high-intensity lighting. 'Mini' varieties often exhibit more intense colors under higher light conditions.
**2. CO2 Injection:**
- While 'Mini' can thrive in tanks without CO2 supplementation, providing a source of pressurized CO2 can enhance growth and coloration.
- Use a nutrient-rich substrate to support plant growth. 'Mini' benefits from a substrate that provides essential nutrients for root development.
- A layer of nutrient-rich aqua soil or a substrate designed for planted aquariums is recommended.
- Regularly dose a comprehensive liquid fertilizer to provide essential macro and micronutrients.
- Consider adding root tabs to supplement nutrients in the substrate, especially if your aquarium hosts a significant number of root-feeding plants.
- Maintain a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C). 'Mini' can adapt to various temperatures within this range.
**6. Water Parameters:**
- pH: 6.0-7.0
- Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water is suitable.
- Keep water parameters stable, as sudden changes can stress the plants.
- Regularly trim the tops of the stems to encourage bushier growth and prevent legginess.
- Remove any discolored or decaying leaves to maintain a tidy appearance.
- Plant 'Mini' in the foreground or midground of the aquarium for an eye-catching effect.
- Ensure that it has sufficient space to spread and showcase its vibrant colors.
**9. Water Flow:**
- Provide moderate water circulation to prevent debris from settling on the leaves and promote nutrient distribution.
**10. Algae Control:**
- Maintain good aquarium hygiene to prevent algae growth. 'Mini' may be susceptible to algae on its leaves, especially in low-light conditions.
**11. Tank Mates:**
- Choose compatible tank mates that won't disturb the delicate stems. Avoid herbivorous or digging species that might uproot the plants.
- Regularly observe the plant for any signs of nutrient deficiencies, pests, or diseases.
- Adjust care routines based on the specific needs of your aquarium.
By providing the right conditions and consistent care, you can enjoy the vibrant colors and compact growth of Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini' in your planted aquarium.