Expect a golfball sized clump
Cameroon Moss, often identified as Vesicularia sp. 'Cameroon' or simply Cameroon Moss, is a popular aquarium moss species known for its unique and attractive appearance. Here are the care requirements to help you cultivate Cameroon Moss successfully in your aquarium:
- Cameroon Moss is adaptable to various lighting conditions. It can thrive in low to moderate light, making it suitable for aquariums with different light intensities.
- While it can be attached to the substrate, Cameroon Moss is an epiphytic moss and typically thrives when attached to hardscape elements like rocks or driftwood. Avoid burying the moss; instead, tie or attach it using fishing line or other suitable materials.
- Cameroon Moss is not a heavy feeder. While it can absorb nutrients from the water, occasional liquid fertilization may benefit its growth.
**4. CO2 Injection:**
- Cameroon Moss can grow well in aquariums without supplemental CO2. However, providing a source of CO2 can promote more robust growth and vibrant coloration.
- Maintain a temperature range of 68-78°F (20-26°C). Cameroon Moss can adapt to a variety of temperatures within this range.
**6. Water Parameters:**
- pH: 6.0-7.5
- Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water is suitable. Cameroon Moss is adaptable to various water parameters but prefers stable conditions.
- Cameroon Moss naturally propagates by producing side shoots and can also be manually divided. Simply separate sections of the moss and attach them to new areas in the aquarium.
- Cameroon Moss requires minimal pruning. You can trim it to maintain the desired shape or to encourage bushier growth. Regularly remove any debris or detritus that may accumulate within the moss.
- Cameroon Moss can be placed in various locations within the aquarium. It is often used to create moss carpets on the substrate or as an attractive addition to hardscape elements.
**10. Tank Mates:**
- Cameroon Moss is compatible with a wide range of tank mates. It provides hiding places for small aquarium inhabitants and can be a beneficial addition to shrimp and fry tanks.
**11. Water Flow:**
- Provide gentle water circulation to prevent debris from settling on the moss. Cameroon Moss can adapt to various water flow conditions.
- Regularly observe the moss for any signs of nutrient deficiencies, algae, or detritus accumulation.
- Monitor its growth and adjust care routines based on the specific conditions of your aquarium.
By following these care guidelines, you can enjoy the lush and intricate appearance of Cameroon Moss in your aquarium.
Plants were healthy and as advertised. Great portions (including a huge cryptocoryne!), fair prices and a very knowledgeable/friendly seller!