Crypt Pink Flamingo
Cryptocoryne "Pink Flamingo" is a stunning variant of Cryptocoryne known for its vibrant pink hues. Here's how you can care for Cryptocoryne Pink Flamingo in your aquarium:
- Provide moderate to low-intensity lighting. Crypt Pink Flamingo generally prefers subdued lighting conditions to avoid issues like algae growth.
- Plant Crypt Pink Flamingo in a nutrient-rich substrate. Choose a substrate with added nutrients, such as a specialized plant substrate or use root tabs to promote healthy growth.
- Regularly dose a comprehensive liquid fertilizer to ensure the plant receives essential nutrients. Crypt Pink Flamingo benefits from a consistent nutrient supply.
**4. CO2 Injection:**
- While Crypt Pink Flamingo can adapt to aquariums without supplemental CO2, providing a source of CO2 can enhance growth and overall health, especially in setups with higher light.
- Maintain a temperature range of 72-82°F (22-28°C). Crypt Pink Flamingo is adaptable to various temperatures within this range.
**6. Water Parameters:**
- pH: 6.0-7.5
- Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water is suitable. Crypt Pink Flamingo can adapt to various water parameters but prefers stable conditions.
**7. Planting Depth:**
- Plant the roots of Crypt Pink Flamingo in the substrate, making sure the crown (where the roots meet the base of the leaves) is slightly above the substrate.
- Minimal pruning is usually required. Remove any old or damaged leaves to encourage new growth. Crypt Pink Flamingo tends to grow slowly.
- Crypt Pink Flamingo is versatile and can be used as a midground or background plant. It looks best when planted in groups to create a lush and visually appealing effect.
**10. Water Flow:**
- Provide gentle water circulation. Crypt Pink Flamingo does not require strong water flow, and a gentle current is usually sufficient.
**11. Tank Mates:**
- Choose tank mates that won't disturb the delicate leaves. Crypt Pink Flamingo is generally not a target for herbivorous fish.
**12. Algae Control:**
- Maintain good aquarium hygiene to prevent algae growth. Keep the plant's surfaces clean for optimal light absorption.
- Regularly observe the plant for any signs of nutrient deficiencies, pests, or diseases.
- Monitor its growth and adjust care routines based on the specific conditions of your aquarium.
By following these care guidelines, you can enjoy the captivating beauty of Cryptocoryne Pink Flamingo in your aquarium.