1 XL golfball portion.
Subwassertang, scientifically known as Lomariopsis sp. 'Subwassertang,' is a unique and intriguing aquatic plant often used in the aquarium hobby.
1. **Appearance:** Subwassertang is not a typical aquatic plant in terms of its appearance. It resembles a liverwort or moss more than a traditional aquarium plant. It consists of flat, irregularly shaped, and branching thalli with a deep green to brownish color. These thalli are quite delicate and can appear feathery or fern-like.
2. **Growth Habit:** Subwassertang lacks true roots and typically attaches itself to hard surfaces, such as rocks, driftwood, or substrate. It forms dense mats of interconnected thalli and creates a visually intriguing texture.
3. **Lighting:** This plant is undemanding when it comes to lighting and can thrive in low to moderate lighting conditions. It's versatile and can adapt to different light levels.
4. **CO2 and Nutrients:** While it can grow without added carbon dioxide (CO2) or nutrient supplementation, providing these factors can promote healthier and more robust growth.
5. **Water Parameters:**
- **Temperature:** It can thrive in a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C).
- **pH:** Subwassertang tolerates a wide pH range but generally does well in slightly acidic to slightly alkaline conditions.
- **Hardness:** It is adaptable to a variety of water hardness levels.
6. **Maintenance:** Subwassertang is relatively low-maintenance. It doesn't require frequent pruning, and it rarely grows tall. However, it may need occasional cleaning or trimming to remove dead or discolored thalli.
7. **Propagation:** Propagating Subwassertang is easy. Simply divide the plant by separating sections of the thalli and attach them to new surfaces. It can also reproduce by spore formation, which can lead to new plants.
Subwassertang is a popular choice among aquarists for its unique appearance and ability to create lush, textured mats in the aquarium. Its feathery and branching thalli provide a distinctive contrast to other aquatic plants, making it an excellent addition to aquascapes. With its low-maintenance requirements and adaptability to various conditions, Subwassertang is a versatile and visually intriguing plant for aquariums and terrariums.
Very generous amount and very pretty!
Everything was great! Moss portions were large, one crypt was absolutely massive and prices seemed fair. All plants were in good condition as well